VMware vCloud Director
vCloud Director brings the hardware abstraction necessary to provision easily Virtual Machines (VMs) and dedicated networks, thanks to Network Virtualization of VMware NSX (VXLAN, NSX Edge).
Its Network Isolation mechanism offers creation of L2 VXLAN network segment at will.
These isolated networks, similar to VLANs, permit you to isolate applications across DMZ for instance, as you would do within your on-premise datacenter using VLANs, but this time without limits in VLAN creation, and in a few seconds.
Consider the following scenario where you want to deploy servers both in our London and Paris SoftLayer Public Clouds, the VMware NSX capabilities in term of datacenter span will permit you to use the very same L2 network for these servers (VXLAN Unicast ; same Transport Zone between Paris & London), which can simplify a lot your Disaster Recovery.
VMware NSX brings also Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) with NSX Edge which offers several L3-L7 network services like NAT, Stateful Firewall, VPN IPSEC and L4-L7 Load-Balancing.
Based on the latest Veeam Backup solution, capable of recovery of failed VM in as little as 2 minutes, with no guestOS agent and with guaranteed recovery of every file, application, or virtual server, any time.
Using the VMware vCloud Director API,
Veeam extends support for vCloud Director to include backups and restores of vCloud vApp and VM metadata and attributes as well as restores directly to same or different vCloud Director deployments, with support for fast-provisioning.
Protecting mission-critical applications, servers, & databases is not only about copying data. It is about ensuring application recovery, protecting from logical errors and frequently testing failover to ensure you can recover when needed.
- Protect entire applications by selecting the VMs that are part of the application and let Zerto do the rest.
- Ensure consistent application protection and recovery with Zerto’s Virtual Protection Group, with or without VSS support.
- Test failover with the click of a button, while maintaining protection of your production application.
- Recover from logical errors with ‘point-in-time’ recovery, enabling you to failover to a previous point in time.
Realtime performance monitoring is key to diagnostics management and as such successful application performance. Our Centreon based monitoring solution offers:
- Proven scalability in complex multi-site environments;
- Modular and extensible integration with customizable reporting;
- Unlsticky-wrapperimited use of free open source extensions;
- Lower total cost of ownership;
- Professional services expertise in complex IT architecture.
Cacti provides a fast poller, advanced graph templating, multiple data acquisition methods, and user management features out of the box. All of this is wrapped in an intuitive, easy to use interface that makes sense for LAN-sized installations up to complex networks with hundreds of devices.